by Erika Mehlhaff
In the world of digital marketing, there’s no greater reward than using your skills to support a meaningful cause. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. During this month, the landscape transforms into a sea of pink, signaling a time for organizations and individuals to come together to raise awareness about breast cancer and to encourage research and support through a range of fundraising events and educational initiatives. Digital marketing can play a pivotal role in driving success for individual ideas or a full “Pink October Campaign.”
A Pink October Campaign for Your Business
Breast Cancer Awareness Month, often referred to as Pink October, is aimed at increasing awareness about breast cancer, its risks, early detection, and prevention. Many organizations participate in Pink October to show their support for those affected by breast cancer. Often, they leverage digital marketing to this end. Here are some key tactics a professional digital marketing team will consider when building elements of a Pink October marketing campaign:
- Social Media Engagement: Digital marketing professionals know how to utilize social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to share informative content, including everything from statistics to survivor stories related to breast cancer. They will create engaging social media content about breast cancer to reach a broad audience.
- Email Marketing: Digital marketers can also send out e-newsletters with similar information as included in social media content, along with calls to action for specific groups, like breast cancer survivors, donors to research organizations, and people who volunteer to support people facing the disease.
- Influencer Partnerships: Collaborating with influencers who have a genuine interest in supporting breast cancer awareness is another thing digital marketers can do. Getting influencer endorsements can help your business because influencers often can reach a wider and more engaged audience.
- Content Marketing: Creating website blog posts, videos, and other shareable content that educates your audience about breast cancer is a key task digital marketing specialists fulfill for businesses. This is one of many ways to share personal stories and testimonials from those who have been impacted by breast cancer.
- Paid Advertising: Digital marketing teams can run paid ads on social media and search engines to promote Pink October Campaigns. This can drive traffic to your website, where people can learn more or navigate to a donation page created by the marketing pros that allows funds to go where needed to fight back against breast cancer.
|READ ALSO: The 5 Stages of a Digital Marketing Campaign|
Promoting Breast Cancer Walks
A powerful way to make a difference during Breast Cancer Awareness Month is by participating in local breast cancer walks. Breast cancer walks help with fundraising for research and bring communities together to support survivors and others impacted by the disease. Here are some ways professional digital marketers can help your business promote breast cancer walks among site visitors interested in “breast cancer walks near me”
- Online Registration: Digital marketers can create landing pages for visitors to business websites to easily register for local breast cancer walks. They can set up digital advertising to drive traffic to these registration pages.
- Social Media Event Pages: Creating dedicated event pages on social media platforms is another thing professional marketers can do. These pages can be used to share event details and updates, and encourage community participation in local breast cancer walks.
- Email Campaigns: Sending personalized emails to your target audience can be key when it comes to encouraging people to join local breast cancer walks. Skilled digital marketers can use email automation to send email reminders and updates leading up to each event your business supports.
Digital marketing has the power to amplify the impact of Pink October Campaigns for businesses like yours. Eye See You Now is a professional digital marketing company based in Austin, Texas, with a team that understands how to build an online marketing plan that works. They have the experience and knowledge required to build a Pink October Campaign or campaigns for other important causes for your business. Please contact Eye See You Now at any time online, or by calling 512-370-4078, to discuss your digital marketing needs. We offer free consultations!